An Iowan and Wisconsinite found themselves in Buenos Aires, Argentina for two years.
He did some commercial insurance brokering, she did some English teaching, then they moved back to Chicago with a baby porteño.
Here's their little story...

Friday, June 15, 2012

How do you measure a day in BA?

  • a bird pooped on me only once today! hooray!
  • stepped in dog poop twice today, and Jake once...grrr....
  • not a fan of Porteños' theory that it is good luck to step in dog feces or to get shat on by a bird...I didn't feel very lucky while spending 30 minutes cleaning doggy doo-doo out of my shoe with a toothpick....or when I helplessly rummaged through my bag for a napkin to wipe the bird business off of me on my way to work today...
  • GROSS! 
  • (p.s....the first two bullet points really happened to us this week...it's our lucky week!)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Becky, it's Paul DeFelice. My parents sent me a card from you guys about the blog and your move to Argentina (as I have moved to Colorado) and I was wondering if there is an email or some other means of communication to drop Jake a line. Let me know, I'd love to catch up.

    My email address is pdefelice@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete