An Iowan and Wisconsinite found themselves in Buenos Aires, Argentina for two years.
He did some commercial insurance brokering, she did some English teaching, then they moved back to Chicago with a baby porteƱo.
Here's their little story...

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

more little dates with the husband

W 5.15.13
  • this week we had a few little dates
  • first, after my Wednesday 7-9pm adult conversation class, we went to a burger place that is sort of on my way home, and that we heard was really good
  • and I had been craving a good juicy cheese burger and fries off and on for the past couple weeks...despite the little Korean BBQ incident from Saturday (too much beef = 2 hours of vomiting...it was so painful)
  • well, unfortunately, I think baby doesn't like beef in the burger form either
  • I didn't get sick, but I definitely didn't feel well afterward...no more beef for a while (and I'm in the land of it!)
  • I know what you're thinking: Becky, you ate a burger, fries and milkshake!  SO not healthy!
  • I know, I know...but sometimes it hits the spot, ya know?
  • Jake enjoyed his Be Frika burger and fries...but with these pregnancy hormones flying, I can't say I'm a fair judge...
  • but I'll judge anyway...take it or leave it
  • burger seemed a bit dry and very thick (like equivalent to 5 McD's burgers stacked up)...maybe would opt for their mini-burgers next time...their fries were fries...usually can't go wrong (funny side-note...many places here, including burger and fries joints, don't give you a bottle of ketchup or have one on the table...only packets...so you can imagine how many packets we went through...yikes! us 'mericans like ketchup with our fries ya'll!)
  • oh, and the teen-lookint employees working behind the counter (both servers and cooks) seemed to be more interested in their cellphones than the guests/food (I really shouldn't sit so close to the kitchen...I'm getting old)
Th 5.16.13
  • Thursday was a double-date kind of day for us
  • Jake and I got to see all kinds of each other!
  • first, we ran a few miles together to start off our day (don't be impressed, it was only 3 miles)
  • then we took the bus together (que romantico!) and made our way downtown to the police station to get our fingerprints re-done, then to an office to sign some papers (all part of the glorious DNI renewal...my fave)
  • but ya know, there's kinda something about being downtown amongst the hustle and bustle of a work day in a big city on a sunny day...and spending a few moments of that with a loved one is sort of nice...it's like you're not supposed to be together, like you're skipping class (or work) or something...hehe
  • ...later that night after my evening class, we met at the Puerto Madero Cinemark for BA's premier of The Great Gatsby in 3D (been dying to see this movie...it was my 7th graders' reader last year and the book we based our end-of-year play on as well)
  • here are the terrible photos I tried to take with my super sad Blackberry camera phone:
  • first, our delicious dinner and a movie menu: Coca-Cola (what? never drink this stuff, but for some reason, it sounded good), sweet popcorn, sweet/sour gummy worms, and a Snickers bar...dinner of champions folks!
  •  another terrible shot...but here's me at the end...haha...loved the modern-ish style and Jay-Z music throughout
  • book/story still isn't my favorite (think it's a little weird) but the movie followed the book very well and had fun twists and over-the-top party scenes and wardrobes to keep it interesting
  • one last little thing...I gotta give a shout out to Jake...the whole online ticket-purchasing has been  faulty lately (or always), so after I tried and failed to buy them online several times, then in person at our neighborhood Cinemark, Jake hiked his way over to the PM location to get our tickets the day in advance...it was the premier you know! sure to be sold out in a jiffy!
  • ...but...as it turns out...I think there were maybe 5 other couples in the theater...hehe
  • THANKS husband for getting the tickets, and especially for a fun week of mini-dates!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment