An Iowan and Wisconsinite found themselves in Buenos Aires, Argentina for two years.
He did some commercial insurance brokering, she did some English teaching, then they moved back to Chicago with a baby porteƱo.
Here's their little story...

Saturday, July 28, 2012

back "home"

  • I sort of really didn't want to get out of bed this morning
  • maybe it was because I knew we had a 7 miler ahead of us (and my legs have been awfully achy lately)
  • maybe it was more because I wouldn't be waking up to the cute faces of Ricky, Irelynn, and Alex... :(
  • or maybe I was just really tired from "sleeping" on a plane the night before
  • Jake eventually got me out of bed, and we've had a semi-productive day: we did the 7 miler (thank goodness we're back to 50 degree temps), hit up the organic market, got some reading and unpacking done, and now we're waiting for our sushi delivery...
  • unpacking is never fun, unless it involves some of your favorite US foods, and none of your pb jars got smashed (success!)
  • we ordered in...I think mainly because we got used to my mom cooking our meals...gosh we're going to miss that lady's home cookin'!
  • feels weird to be back to our "home" but I will say it is a little nice to be back to our little Argentinean apartment in our little now-familiar neighborhood
  • and it's nice to sleep on our pillows again
  • and although I miss the States like crazy, I'm determined to make the most of our time here...the little and big differences alone (good and bad) make it an interesting time for us to observe, explore, learn, and grow as a couple
  • sushi's here!

No comments:

Post a Comment