An Iowan and Wisconsinite found themselves in Buenos Aires, Argentina for two years.
He did some commercial insurance brokering, she did some English teaching, then they moved back to Chicago with a baby porteño.
Here's their little story...

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

so then this happened...

F 11.1.13
  • I should really know better by now
  • rain = excuse to get out of anything...
  • ...meeting a friend, English class, opening your indoor organic market...
  • ...sadly, the predicted "tormenta" affected my plans for attending (for the first time) the San Telmo Verde Organic Market
  • to me, the storm didn't seem too bad, and I really wanted to stock up on produce, meat, eggs, honey, bread, cheese, etc.
  • so I hopped on the bus, got a seat right away (because I'm pregnant) and didn't mind (too much) the one hour bus ride because I was sitting and could read my book
  • but really, it shouldn't have been an hour bus ride...sometimes things get a little nuts-o in this city when rain's involved
  • anyway, got off the bus, walked a couple blocks to Perú 677, only to find this:


will we "nos vemos" el martes 5?!
  • NOOOOOO!!!!!!
  • boo...by now I REALLY had to use the bathroom (can barely go an hour these days) so I found a café, used their services and had a late morning snack
  • then I taxi'd home
  • and tried again on Tuesday
Tu 11.5.13
  • OPEN!!!


  • so happy to finally check you out, San Telmo Verde...now if only you sold meat on Tuesdays, I'd be so happy!
San Telmo Verde
Perú 677
Tuesdays and Fridays 10am-6pm (maybe?)
*check their Facebook page before making the trek down! ;)
(p.s. heading from Parque Las Heras area, the 59 or 10 gets you there in about 30-45 minutes, rather than an hour+ on the 29)

No comments:

Post a Comment