An Iowan and Wisconsinite found themselves in Buenos Aires, Argentina for two years.
He did some commercial insurance brokering, she did some English teaching, then they moved back to Chicago with a baby porteƱo.
Here's their little story...

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Father's Day...not forgotten

Su 6.16.13
  • don't worry daddies, we didn't forget about you!
  • I unfortunately was travelling on Father's Day this year and was neither with the future daddy, Jake, nor with my own dad...and I know Jake regrets not being able to spend time with his pops on this day (but thanks to the Condon's for letting me crash your Father's Day Lake Michigan boat ride!)
  • we'd like to take this time to thank our wonderful dads for all they've done for us by sharing some photos and favorite memories
one of my favorite family pictures, minus one thing: Amanda is not present, sorry Amanda, but I bet you're in mom's tummy at this point...I just love the 2314, our first green apple from the apple tree, the Mickey Mouse and Spider Man, dad's shirtless 6-pack and mustache...haha
  • Jake and I often reflect on how our parents raised us, and we talk about how fortunate we are to have parents who were so involved
this is the rest of the photo I posted on Mother's Day...what I love about this Christmas shot is the simplicity...I got a Raggedy Ann doll, Ricky a truck and ball, Matt a wagon, and mom and dad were content with their 4 cans of cashews...
  • we have so many wonderful memories that prove this, for example: my dad teaching me how to ride a bike and golf (in the neighbor's yard...so we didn't ruin his beautiful lawn ;), attending every sporting, musical, dance, school event we ever had, staying up late to help me study for tests or check over my homework, driving millions of hours in "the hoopty" on our family vacations, hiding in the bushes at my golf meets so I wouldn't get nervous (embarrassing when my opponents noticed..."OMG! There's some guy hiding in the bushes!"), taking the time and money to visit me...no matter where I'm living at the time, being a die-hard ND fan and passing that passion on to us...
Senior Dad's Weekend...snuck Irish whiskey into the SMC on-campus tailgate to watch the Irish's highest scoring game of the season...will not share how the rest of the night went...
  • and for Jake...the many road trips to soccer tournaments, teaching him to water ski in the backyard with a rope tied to a pole, snorkeling and fishing in the lake on small blow-up mattresses, observing thousands of vials of dead water bugs in the DNR lab, his dinners while mom had piano lessons...
  • we have many, many more...
  • but thank you to our dads for setting such a great example for us...we're confident that we can use what we've learned from you to be good parents ourselves
this is the night my parents and I met Jake for the first time...as you can see, they probably made a GREAT impression! (that's Jager...btw...and mom's shot looks bigger than dad's!)
      • HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!
      • p.s....Paul, we'll add embarrassing photos of you once we're home and can sift through the archives! (sorry, didn't have any here in BA with us)

      No comments:

      Post a Comment