An Iowan and Wisconsinite found themselves in Buenos Aires, Argentina for two years.
He did some commercial insurance brokering, she did some English teaching, then they moved back to Chicago with a baby porteño.
Here's their little story...

Sunday, September 15, 2013

30-week ultrasound

W 9.11.13
  • I tell ya...this baby bump of mine is keeping everyone guessing...nena, barron....I get a mix every day
  • I think this is one of my favorite parts about not finding out the gender...it's fun to hear people's predictions...they've been pretty even so far ~ 50/50, boy/girl
  • the shape of my belly was a bit more wide in the beginning, making many guess girl...now it's starting to protrude a bit more leading to more boy guesses
  • from our super-detailed 30 week 4-D ultrasound today, I think the baby looks more like Jake...it's got his lower lip (adorable) so maybe we're thinking boy?
  • check out some of these images!
  •  yes, that's our baby's foot...way up there covering his/her little eye
  • this had me quite concerned...but I try to remind myself that babies are so flexible...and the doctor didn't seem at all worried
  • I think he/she has Jake's long toes too!
  • the doctor was able to get the baby to move its foot, but not without a little tongue sticking-outing first :)
  • the little nugget isn't such a little nugget anymore!  isn't he/she filling out nicely? has mom's cheeks :)
  • the wee one didn't really like us messing around with him/her...the one of it crying makes me sad, so I didn't put that one up...this one is similar:
  • been having a lot more movement lately...mostly feels like the baby is changing positions... 
  • it's crazy when suddenly part of my belly feels super hard, especially after I get up from sitting down...it's fun to try to guess what party of the baby we can feel
  • la panzita has turned into quite la panza now...will have to get some 30 (cucumber, what?!) - 31 (pineapple, woah!) week photos up soon!
  • can't believe we're in the 30's already!  3/4 done!!! so crazy that we only have about 9 weeks to go!
  • and almost forgot...
SOME ECOGRAFIA STATS (for all you médicos out there):

líquido amniótico: adecuado
placenta: anterior   grado: I
                
              measurement                             ~ weeks
  • diámetro biparietal: 7.79 cm -           31.2 semanas
  • circunferencia cefálica: 28.22cm -      31.0 semanas
  • circunferencia abdominal: 25.66cm -  29.6 semanas
  • fémur: 5.97 cm -                             31.1 semanas
todo bien, creo que...

No comments:

Post a Comment