An Iowan and Wisconsinite found themselves in Buenos Aires, Argentina for two years.
He did some commercial insurance brokering, she did some English teaching, then they moved back to Chicago with a baby porteño.
Here's their little story...

Monday, October 15, 2012

mi cumple - 29

M 10.8.12
  • I first have to share this photo...of me boxing up my Garmin watch, Jake's gift to me on our wedding day...haha
  • it had a good 2 year life with me, but now with a broken strap, it's time to send it in for a refurbished one...so long wedding Garmin!
  • p.s...today we did not have school = mend tired legs and do all the work we didn't do on Sa and Su (like bake cookies to bring to school tomorrow)
Tu 10.9.12
  • Jake woke me with a lovely birthday breakfast delight:
  • scrambled eggs with goat cheese and scallions, coffee...
  • ...and a puffed pancake topped with powdered sugar, kiwi, and cumquats (these pix deserved close-up views)
  • he also got us tickets to Cirque du Soleil for later that night...could hardly wait!  have been wanting to see a Cirque du Soleil show for quite a while!
  • he also gifted me a lovely book about cooking/food (love), PEANUT BUTTER!, and Toddy chocolate chip cookies (these Argentinean galletas are so terribly processed and delicious...it's sick...I wouldn't recommend trying them...you may not be able to stop)
  • off to work Jake went, and I slowly made my way out of bed to prepare for a private class I had that morning
  • then it was off to Septiembre, then Nightingale, and when I arrived home...look what Jake was sitting in when I opened the door!:
note the blue roses...how original
  • my chair para tomar sol! had to test it out and imagine I was soaking up the summer sun on our terrace
  • Jake had planned a little picnic before the show, but as the weather was a bit rainy, we instead had the picnic at home...vino with yummy meat, cheese and bread
  • we hopped in a cab to the 9pm show...

  • ...and spent the next 2+ hours being wowed and amazed by the athleticism, flexibility, strength, talent, and concentration each performer exhibited 
Title of the Show: VAREKAI
wasn't supposed to take pictures inside, but snapped this shot of the stage before the show began
  • ooooh! aaaaahh!! wow...what a cool show!  cannot wait for the next one
gives a tiny glimpse of the costumes, flexibility, strength...etc.
  • and of course, the birthday would not be complete without a little happy tune and blowing out of the...match that Jake lit
  • Jake kindof/sortof singing :)
check out that cake...choco torta dulce de leche with cherries on top...que rico!
  • the rest of the week was bit hectic and a little stressful (had mucho Gala aka play practice with 7th graders...got the big show coming up next week...where's Lauren Condon when I need her?!)
Sa 10.13.12
  • but thank goodness I had this:
not just the man, but the chair too! I'm a lucky girl
  • ...to look forward to...lots of sun time, lots of patio time, and lots of time to test out my new reposera playera (beach leaning chair)
  • then guess what happened...
  • JAKE SURPRISED ME!
  • well actually, Jake, Johanna, and Jonathan
  • I couldn't believe it...usually if Jake's tries to surprise me, I kind of have a feeling something is going on...but I really had no idea this time
  • we relaxed all day Saturday, then I had suggested ordering pizza for dinner (which worked well with Jake's plan)...
  • ...he had Johanna and Jonathan buzz in and pretend to be our door man, asking for help downstairs, so when he came back up, he brought friends along!
thanks so much for the balloon, cake, snacks and drinks!!! :)
  • we had a great night of an intense Irish win (thanks guys for letting me watch the end of the game), pizza, snacks, drinks, cake, and even a little mini-firepit time

  • Jonathan's an "early-to-bed" kind of guy...Johanna knew it was time to go when we looked over and saw him like this:
  • ...and like this:
  • hehe...
  • all-in-all...a WONDERFUL birthday...such great, caring messages from loved ones, and special memories made here in Argentina with Jake and friends...I'm so lucky
  • thank you to everyone!
  • 29's going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment