An Iowan and Wisconsinite found themselves in Buenos Aires, Argentina for two years.
He did some commercial insurance brokering, she did some English teaching, then they moved back to Chicago with a baby porteƱo.
Here's their little story...

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

longing to run

  • this morning I received an e-mail with this video
  • a video of the 15k I was supposed to run a couple weeks back (we're in there somewhere, just towards the back...and doing the 5k)
  • I wanted to be those runners on the 15k course
  • I missed the live bands
  • I missed running past the River Plate soccer stadium
  • I missed that feeling of running a long, hard race...feeling sweaty, sore muscles, depleted after a 100% effort
  • waddling the 5k just didn't suffice
  • I can't wait to run again...pain free!  even if it's slow
  • I miss raising my heart rate, feeling my muscles, sweating...pushing it
  • I know I should be grateful for an otherwise healthy and uneventful pregnancy
  • my dr.'s appointments go something like this: "Todo bien. Everything looks great!" with little explanation of my body, baby's growth, or previous test results
  • I always have to dig a bit deeper for details, when really it's probably not necessary, because according to the dr. everything's fine
  • but when will I get to run again?
  • luckily the swimming is helping...and my lower back is feeling better...
  • I have 4 acupuncture appointments lined up for the next 4 weeks, and I'm hopeful to get some baby jogs in before the due date
  • otherwise, we're looking at December? January? February before I can run again?  and my next race...oh I can't wait! 
  • a Spring Chicago run in the works...? maybe?
  • I just don't feel like myself lately...it's weird when your body is just not able to do what it used to do so easily and regularly...it's an adjustment...that's for sure
  • looking forward to running again...even if it's with a baby jogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment