An Iowan and Wisconsinite found themselves in Buenos Aires, Argentina for two years.
He did some commercial insurance brokering, she did some English teaching, then they moved back to Chicago with a baby porteño.
Here's their little story...

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Becky Day

F 2.15.13
  • somedays, I need a Becky Day (I know, I'm guilty of being spoiled and needy sometimes)
  • which could mean a quiet day (or any number of minutes/hours) at home alone *my fave, or going to a café to do work, read, study, or surf the net, or it could mean going for a run, or trying a new restaurant in town
  • on this day, my last weekday of summer vacation, I chose a restaurant
  • you see, restaurants here often have killer lunch deals, but a working teacher can only really take advantage of these deals on her summer holiday (business lunch, what?!?)
  • so, after hearing great things, to L'Adesso I went (p.s. don't get there before 1pm...I know it says they open at noon, but it's not true...you know how BA can be)
  • the bread basket was just as I expected - tasty
  • a cute little bruschetta came out as a complimentary appetizer
  • I ordered the set menu which included water, main course, and dessert
  • I went with the penne rigate
  • and the house chocolate mousse for dessert
  • some of the best Italian food I've had in the city
  • grand total = AR$55 (~US$11)
  • since I was alone, I brought along the ol' laptop to work on the blog a bit
  • then I spent the rest of the afternoon getting some grocery shopping done and laying out on the patio
  • NOW, I feel a bit more ready to start school again
  • do you have "ME" days? what do you do with a free minute, hour, day, or summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment